Just a few days ago, it was 10 years since I provided my comments to the FTC regarding the Business Opportunity Rule revision comment process. Here’s the comments: 2006 Business Opportunity Rule Comment and the associated 2005 letter to Rich DeVos: 2005 DeVos Letter
Note I had not experienced several things, and therefore had a much more cooperative and positive tone towards Amway (called Quixtar in North America from 1999 until it was phased out over a 2-year period from 2007-2009):
- I wanted their cooperation, so I was being friendly;
- I hadn’t yet realized Amway benefits financially from the ATS (Amway Tool Scam);
- I was focused on building up a “library” of tools, as described in the letter to DeVos;
- My upline hadn’t been booted from Amway yet;
- I hadn’t experienced Amway’s complete lack of help finding a new upline to partially plug into, also described in the DeVos letter;
- I wasn’t terminated by Amway yet, and
- I hadn’t been sued by Amway yet.
As one could imagine, the above issues have changed my outlook regarding Amway significantly. In the meantime, I’ve helped countless people not get scammed by Amway and other MLM scams. This effort will continue until I stop breathing or Amway gets hammered, whichever comes first.