While I would have preferred a shutdown/lawsuit ala Vemma, the FTC did take strong action against Herbalife, the second largest MLM scam I’m aware of, second only to Amway. Here’s a light reading reading list, starting with higher-level overview type documents, and drilling down into more detailed documents, including the Herbalife/FTC settlement agreement and FTC complaint. Both the original link and a saved screenshot are provided for each document:
- https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/971213/160715herbalifestatement.pdf Statement of the Federal Trade Commission
- https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/07/herbalife-will-restructure-its-multi-level-marketing-operationsHerbalife Will Restructure Its Multi-level Marketing Operations and Pay $200 Million For Consumer Redress to Settle FTC Charges _ Federal Trade Commission
- https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/160715herbalife-stip.pdf 160715herbalifestip
- https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/160715herbalifecmpt.pdf Microsoft Word – 2016.07.14 Settlement Complaint
- https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/audio-video/video/ftc-press-conference-herbalife https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/videos/ftc-press-conference-herbalife/ftc_press_conference_on_herbalife_settlement_7-15-16_-_transcript.pdf Federal Trade Commission Herbalife Press Conference – July 15, 2016
There’s also LOTS of opinions on the internets, some of it pretty good, some mediocre, and some downright laughable. If you have any questions, please leave a comment, and it will be answered.
5 thoughts on “Herbalife Slammed By The FTC”
Wonderful site. A lot of helpful information here. I’m sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks in your effort!
I see your page is similar to my blog. Do you allow guest posts?
I can write high quality & unique articles for you. Let me know if you are interested.
Yes, send a draft to email@example.com
hi!,I like your writing so much! share we communicate more about your post on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Looking forward to see you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org